Saturday, June 26, 2010

Maggie memories and beachside at Bingil Bay






Ed - my favourite things at Magnetic Island were...everything. I liked the body surfing best.

Rosa - My favourite things were playing on the beach and watching the fire dancers playing with the fire.We loved it so much.I also loved collecting some excellent shells.




Tom - My favourite things at magnetic island were swimming at Radical bay and body surfing at Radical bay. I also liked swimming and building a sand castle at Florence bay we also went snorkling at Florence bay. My next favourite thing was climbing rocks at Arthur bay we went so high!I also liked swimming at Horseshoe bay beach because I liked looking for shells. My last favourite thing was doing the forts walk because I liked going up on the forts and seeing koalas these are some of my Maggie memories.



After packing up we caught the 10.40 bus through to the Nelly Bay terminal and the 11.40 ferry back to Townsville. Though sad to leave Maggie, we were also all excited at seeing Pearl and hitting the road again. The drive up Bruce Highway was more sugar cane country and a return to greenery after dry old Townsville. We stopped at a playground in Ingham for lunch, and got through to Tully about 5.00ish. We headed for what we hoped was a free camp site at Bingil Bay, the beach just north of Mission Beach and were rapt when we arrived to find the camp right on the beach. So Pearl is parked up not 10m from the high tide mark, and the kids burned off some evening energy on the rope swing and cracking coconuts on the beach. We will be drifting off to sleep with the crashing waves (and a bit of rain from time to time).



































No comments:

Post a Comment